1882 - First Universalist Summer Meeting held under leadership of Dr. Quillen Hamilton Shinn at Methodist summer quarters at The Weirs in New Hampshire.
1897 - Summer Meeting site moved to Saratoga Springs, NY and Dr. Shinn begins his search for a permanent site.
1901 - Dr. Shinn located Ferry Beach site. The twentieth annual meeting held here as guests of the Boston and Maine Railroad, owners of the property. Fundraising efforts begun to make purchase of the property possible.
1904 - Ferry Beach House purchased from the railroad and renamed the Quillen.
1909 - Summer Meeting Association incorporated and renamed the Ferry Beach Park Association of Universalists.
1911 - Underwood House built and named in honor of Carrie P. Underwood, a benefactor of the Beach.
1916 - The Grove purchased from the railroad.
1920 - Quillen Annex built.
1927 - Rowland Hall built and named in honor of Dr. William R. Rowland, president of the Association from 1919 until his death in 1925.
1945 - Claflin Cottage purchased and named in honor of Edward P. Claflin, a former board member and a benefactor of the Beach.
1946 - Gardiner Cottage purchased and named in honor of Marion L. Gardiner who bequeathed funds for its purchase.
1975 - Rose Pavilion built in the Grove and named in honor of William Wallace Rose, minister of the Lynn (MA) Universalist church for 30 years.
1976 - Quillen Lobby remodeled and dedicated to Edward Hempel, longtime treasurer and Executive Secretary of the Association.
1979 - Sand dune restoration project begun.
1986-2001 - Capital Fund Drive held; Manning Cottage purchased and named for Robert Manning. Cottage has since been sold.
1990 - Dining Room built and named in honor of the Rev. Earle Dolphin, longtime Ferry Beacher and resident musician. Health Center and Children's Room relocated and renovated; sewer connections completed for all buildings and Grove sites; the Stone Environmental School begins renting the property in the off-season.
1995-2003 - Rowland Hall remodeled and other major improvements undertaken to meet fire codes. Construction continues to date as we continue to meet fire codes and safety requirements.
1998 - Ferry Beach Ecology School begins.
2002-2003 - Completely remodeled Quillen from top to bottom, including accessible bathrooms and a new lobby.
2003 - Built a new store at Claflin.
2004 - Created the Memorial Garden, built Kelley Cottage – a “green” building and the first new building at Ferry Beach in over 30 years.
2004-05 - Installed new playground equipment.
2005 - Built a handicapped accessible bathroom in Underwood, renovated the tennis/basketball court, renovated both Grove wash houses.
2006 - Renovated the Eleanor B. Forbes Chapel in the Grove, thanks to a generous donation.
2006 - Built handicapped accessible ramps and walkways at Underwood and Gardiner.
2007 - Renovated Rowland Auditorium and renamed it “The GAYLA Theatre.”
2009 - Commenced improvements envisioned within the 2nd Century Fund Capital Campaign, beginning with the fortification of our primary dunes.
2009-10 - Remodeled the Rowland Hall dormitory space.
2010 - Began site excavation and foundation work for new Metz Village, Dining Hall, and Nurse's Cabin.
2011 - DeWolfe Dining Facility and Metz Village complete. Nurse's cabin settled in new site.
2014 -2016- Ray Hopkins house is renovated. Tom Allison matches up to $50,000 with funds from John Cross, his former partner who passed away many years ago. Tom and John had come to Ferry Beach through Gayla. The John Cross Cottage opened in 2016: 4 handicap accessible bedrooms and bathrooms and a lovely workshop room in the basement.