Friends Gathering on the Sand
July 6-12, 2019
Join us for Religious Education Week 2019! We explore faith development, spiritual growth, and leadership in a week for colleagues, friends and families.
Each summer we create a dynamic community of individual congregations and families to form this vibrant multigenerational gathering where all kinds of families work and play alongside religious educators. We come to learn as well as to put into practice what it means to be Unitarian Universalist leaders and be part of a beloved community. This year our intentional community includes child dedications for our community at the beginning of the week in addition to our annual bridging ceremony at the week’s end.
There are so many ways we're already shining stars at loving one another: from keeping watch over little ones to sharing our heartfelt stories of life. We take long walks and talks on the beach, laugh together at the fabulous Talent/No Talent Show and watch our children grow up! We'll have so many ways to explore what it means to LOVE in a community and take that love to other communities.
Whether you are an overwhelmed introvert, a sunburnt human, or someone who just needs a nap, we all need a little break every day. Although it is so hard to say no to any of the delicious offerings, we want to provide a strong holding space for quiet time as well.
Afternoons & Evenings at RE Week
Afternoons feature more professional and personal growth opportunities such as themed porch chats, which focus on issues relating to religious education and parenting. There will also be a variety of multigenerational spiritual and “just fun” workshops, as well as time to just relax on the beach, take a walk, or play.
Multigenerational evening programs often include a dance, drumming circle, campfire, and the Talent/No Talent show. Programming for the day ends with a Spirit Circle, a time to slow down, reflect, and connect.
For those coming to Ferry Beach and not attending programming, a $19/day facility use fee will apply.
- JAN 18-21: GAYLA Winter Reunion
- Spring: Creativity Connection / Coming Soon
- FEB 15-18: Winter Quilting Retreat
- APR 12 - 14: Womens Spring Retreat
- JUN 3-6: Spring Opening
- JUN 14-23: Profound Treasury
- JUN 23 - JUL 6: Youth Camps
- JUL 6-12: RE Week
- JUL 13-19: ChoralFest
- JUL 13-20: GAYLA
- JUL 20-27: The Well - A Gathering of Multicultural UU Families
- Jul 20-27: Yoga Retreat
- JUL 20-27: Paddle Power
- JUL 27 - AUG 3: Family & Friends
- AUG 3-10: UUFAF
- AUG 10-16: Circle of Music
- AUG 10-16: Company of Women
- AUG 18-21: Women's Healing Retreat
- AUG 18-22: Sacred Circle Dance
- AUG 18-22: Loss, Love, Hope and Recovery
- AUG 19-23: Motivational Interviewing
- AUG 19-23: Soul Path Discoveries
- AUG 24-28: Finding Hope
- AUG 24-27: The Beach Getaway
- AUG 24-30: Quilting by the Bay
- AUG 24-30: Listening Mind, Thinking Mind
- AUG 30 - SEP 2: Labor Day Weekend
- Summer Conference Information
- Schedule >
- Ferry Beach Art
- Saving Our Shoreline
- Minister and Musician of the Week
- Our New Mission
- FBPA Media Policy
- 2019 Brochure