GAYLA: A Retreat for Men Who Love Men
is a fun-filled week of escape, discovery and community.
Sip coffee with new friends, dance in a sunrise circle, play volleyball, swim, sunbathe, pick from a smorgasbord of daily workshops, make art, harmonize with the choir, perform in the Talent/No Talent Show, enjoy nightly activities and movies, walk the beach, read or just hang out and relax. Come to GAYLA to be surprised. Come to be delighted. Come to discover what community is meant to be.
We are single and partnered, young and old, trans, gay, bisexual, curious and queer. We embrace all possibilities, all the joy, all the fun of being who we are without fear of condemnation or harassment. We celebrate our individuality, sexuality and place in this world.
GAYLA is part of Ferry Beach, a welcoming retreat and conference center that is home to GLBT people all year long. Thirty minutes from both Ogunquit and Portland, Ferry Beach sits at the edge of a sandy beach. It’s a great place to experience the coast of Maine.
GAYLA is the nation's longest-running retreat for men who love men. Join us and become part of this vibrant fellowship. Read about a typical day during GAYLA's 40th year.
Pricing for GAYLA is $567 and includes programming and meals. Lodging & Membership is separate.
Additionally, there is a $35 Activity Fee for the GAYLA Conference.
Helping Hands Scholarship Funds are available to any man in need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAN 18-21: GAYLA Winter Reunion
- Spring: Creativity Connection / Coming Soon
- FEB 15-18: Winter Quilting Retreat
- APR 12 - 14: Womens Spring Retreat
- JUN 3-6: Spring Opening
- JUN 14-23: Profound Treasury
- JUN 23 - JUL 6: Youth Camps
- JUL 6-12: RE Week
- JUL 13-19: ChoralFest
- JUL 13-20: GAYLA
- JUL 20-27: The Well - A Gathering of Multicultural UU Families
- Jul 20-27: Yoga Retreat
- JUL 20-27: Paddle Power
- JUL 27 - AUG 3: Family & Friends
- AUG 3-10: UUFAF
- AUG 10-16: Circle of Music
- AUG 10-16: Company of Women
- AUG 18-21: Women's Healing Retreat
- AUG 18-22: Sacred Circle Dance
- AUG 18-22: Loss, Love, Hope and Recovery
- AUG 19-23: Motivational Interviewing
- AUG 19-23: Soul Path Discoveries
- AUG 24-28: Finding Hope
- AUG 24-27: The Beach Getaway
- AUG 24-30: Quilting by the Bay
- AUG 24-30: Listening Mind, Thinking Mind
- AUG 30 - SEP 2: Labor Day Weekend
- Summer Conference Information
- Schedule >
- Ferry Beach Art
- Saving Our Shoreline
- Minister and Musician of the Week
- Our New Mission
- FBPA Media Policy
- 2019 Brochure