Welcome to Ferry Beach!
What to Bring:
Pillows and bedding (sheets and blankets or sleeping bag). Linens are available for $28 per bed. Linen packet includes pillow, sheets, blanket, two bath towels, hand towel, and facecloth, and may be requested when registering. All Ferry Beach mattresses have waterproof and hypoallergenic covers.
- Towels and toiletries. Most of our bathrooms are communal, so we recommend bringing shower shoes.
- Beach attire and beach towels, sunscreen, bug spray, a flashlight, and perhaps a beach chair. For additional comfort, you may want to bring a fan for your room.
Ferry Beach does not provide alcohol. If you wish to consume alcoholic beverages during your stay at Ferry Beach, you must bring your own and keep it secure.
Ferry Beach is a pet-free environment. Marked service animals are welcome.
Attire for Ferry Beach
- Check the weather before you pack for Ferry Beach. Daytime temperatures in Maine generally range from 65-85 degrees.
- Dress for comfort. Bring with you a variety of outerwear.
- Nights are often cool and temperatures can dip into the 50s, so bring a jacket or sweatshirt and long pants if you plan on being a part of an evening outdoor activity, plus pajamas appropriate for chilly nights (as well as hot summer nights).
- We have Banquet night every Thursday, an opportunity to dress up if you desire!
Our prices are itemized because of the many options available during a stay at Ferry Beach. Please consult the pricing page for lodging, meals, and incidentals.
Registered local residents and day visitors are always welcome! Please find information for those not staying on campus here.
For conferences, the flat conference fees are located on the conference pages.
There are two ways to become a member of Ferry Beach (a requirement of registration): Annual (family or individual) and Life.
Ferry Beach has a gorgeous outdoor chapel in the middle of a pine grove. All are welcome to join in multi-faith worship services led by guest ministers. Visit our chapel page for more information.
Guests requiring accessible lodging and bathroom may stay on the first floor of Underwood. All of our buildings are equipped with ramps and we have one beach wheelchair. Please understand that Ferry Beach is a beach community. We do our best to address the accessibility needs of all guests, but sometimes this is not possible due to the sandy nature of our environment. If you have needs, please contact us.
WiFi is available at many points around campus, including the Dining Hall, Quillen, Rowland, and the Grove garage.