Kids For The E.A.R.T.H. (Essential Arts Respecting the Heart) Lite
Specially designed youth camp for children ages 9 to 12-years-old who have not come to a sleep-away camp yet and would like their parents nearby.
- KFTE Lite offers an enriching chance to become part of an intentional, kind-hearted, and connected community built on self expression and mutual respect.
- Content will focus on care for the earth as well as art! What makes Ferry Beach unique and special is that in addition to the honoring of our natural resources, we highlight Universalist values in our programming. Values like respect, compassion, diversity, justice, service, love, and stewardship are the core of all we do at Ferry Beach.
- Curriculum will offer campers an opportunity to deeply explore meaningful values through special activities such as spiritual art and photography, theater for the soul, or compassionate outdoor adventures. Our program leaders are enthusiastic, talented, and experienced at guiding our youth to go deep exploring morals, ethics, character, conscience, integrity, spirituality, cooperation, and other values.
- Through these activities and the rituals of everyday life at Ferry Beach (such as community meals, camp songs, though-provoking conversation, and family/touch groups), campers build lifelong friendships while practicing community building, mutual respect, and caring for each other.
- Afternoons allow time for exploration activities in the form of stand-alone workshops (including some STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math options) and free choice (a time for hanging out with family and friends on the beach, swimming, playing games, making music, or trying a new art project).
- Evenings are spent socializing during planned activities including “Warm Fuzzies” and story slam, a bonfire with s’mores and singing, a dance, and the weekly Ferry Beach Talent/No Talent show. Last before bedtime is an informal (non-denominational) worship service designed and led by campers (that feels relevant and meaningful for youth identifying as atheist, agnostic, and spiritual but not religious).
Options for Adults who MUST register and be on campus with their children in Kids for the E.A.R.T.H: Yoga, Kayaking and Paddling, Slow Fashion, Eco Spirit.
Youth will be checked in and out of programming daily with parents/caregivers.
Conference Fee (age 9 - 12): $175
Meals Fee: $245