Friends Gathering on the Sand
Saturday, July 7- Friday, July 13
Join us for Religious Education Week 2018! We explore faith development, spiritual growth, and leadership in a week for colleagues, friends and families.
Each summer we create a dynamic community of individual congregations and families to form this vibrant multigenerational gathering where all kinds of families work and play alongside religious educators. We come to learn as well as to put into practice what it means to be Unitarian Universalist leaders and be part of a beloved community. This year our intentional community includes child dedications for our community at the beginning of the week in addition to our annual bridging ceremony at the week’s end.
(There are so many ways we're already shining stars at loving one another: from keeping watch over little ones to sharing our heartfelt stories of life. We take long walks and talks on the beach, laugh together at the fabulous Talent/No Talent Show and watch our children grow up! We'll have so many ways to explore what it means to LOVE in a community and take that love to other communities.
Whether you are an overwhelmed introvert, a sunburnt human, or someone who just needs a nap, we all need a little break every day. Although it is so hard to say no to any of the delicious offerings, we want to provide a strong holding space for quiet time as well.
Children (17 & under) registering for Family Camps must have an adult registering for the camp as well.
Membership $30 (individual) Couple/Family $50
Conference Fees* & Meal
Off Site/Commuter (with workshop*)
USE FEE (any adult at Ferry Beach, not taking a workshop)
6 Night Lodging:
Call Registration directly if you need help with registering. 207-282-4489 Ext 1.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOUNG ADULTS (age 18 - 25)
We look forward to another successful year of continued growth in our Young Adults program (18-25 year old). See Ferry Beach’s special camping pricing for young adults.
Off Site/Commuter (with workshop*): $40/day young adult (meals not included)
USE FEE (any young adult at Ferry Beach, not taking a workshop)
*RE Week/Some Workshops have supply fees. Those fees will be available closer to the start of the conference.
Afternoons and Evenings During RE Week:
Afternoons feature more professional and personal growth opportunities such as themed porch chats, which focus on issues relating to religious education and parenting. There will also be a variety of multigenerational spiritual and “just fun” workshops, as well as time to just relax on the beach, take a walk, or play.
Multigenerational evening programs often include a dance, drumming circle, campfire, and the Talent/No Talent show. Programming for the day ends with a Spirit Circle, a time to slow down, reflect, and connect.
Book your Ferry Beach experience:
- General Summer Conference Information >
- DEC 28-29: FUUTURES Leadership Skills
- DEC 29 - JAN 1: Starting the New Year with Loving Intentions
- JAN 5-7: Setting Your Intentions
- JAN 13-15: Discovering Unconditional Love at the Dunes
- JAN 19-21: The Creativity Connection
- FEB 2-4: White Privilege
- FEB 16-19: Quilting Retreat
- FEB 20-23: Senior High Our Whole Lives
- FEB 23-25: Winter Healing Retreat Weekend
- MAR 9-11: Active Hope - Turning Pain to Power
- MAR 16-18: Parenting Our Teens with Compassion
Summer Conferences & Camps
- Annual Meeting
- JUN 9-15: Work & Play
- JUN 9-12 or 12-15: Work, Play and Grow (Young Adult)
- JUN 15-24: Profound Treasury
- JUN 24-30 or JUN 30 - JUL 7: Youth Camps
- JUL 7-13: RE Week
- JUL 14-20: ChoralFest
- JUL 14-21: GAYLA
- Jul 21-28: Yoga Retreat
- JUL 21-28: Kayaking & Paddle Boarding
- JUL 22-27: Slow Fashion
- JUL 28 - AUG 4: Family & Friends
- AUG 4-11: UUFAF
- AUG 5-10: Motivational Interviewing
- AUG 11-17: Circle of Music
- AUG 11-17: Company of Women
- AUG 12-16: Women's Healing Retreat
- AUG 19 - 23: Sacred Circle Dance at Ferry Beach
- AUG 26-29: Only Love
- AUG 26-28: The Beach Getaway
- AUG 28-31: Our Whole Lives for Young Professionals
- AUG 26 - SEP 1: Quilting by the Bay
- Family Conferences
- Adult Conferences
- Ferry Beach Art
- Saving Our Shoreline
- Ferry Beach Ecology
- Minister and Musician of the Week
- Sign Up
- Mission 2017
- Holiday Share Party
- My Ferry Beach Stories