Learn the basics and symbols of Reiki healing and become attuned to this wonderful energy. After the course you will be able to use Reiki for yourself, friends and family, plants and animals.
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means ‘universal life force’. It is the vital energy which naturally flows through and nurtures all living things, also known in different traditions as Chi (Chinese), Prana (Indian) and Mana (Hawaian).
Reiki healing is a natural healing system believed to have originated in ancient Tibet and India. It was rediscovered and developed in the 19th century by Dr Mikao Usui, a Japanese monk. Reiki practitioners have received attunements to a special energy vibration. This enables them to channel the healing energy direct from the Source to other people.
Receiving Reiki is known to have a soothing, refreshing and balancing effect on the whole being. It can work with the causes of any illness or imbalance, as well as the symptoms. It may help to dispel any negative energies and blockages, and will naturally flow to the areas that most need healing. While you lie fully clothed and covered on a comfortable massage table, listening to soft music (if you wish), the practitioner will place her hands gently on your body and allow the Reiki energy to flow. Clients often feel warmth or a pleasant tingling, although each client’s experience will be unique. Many clients relax so deeply they fall asleep.
Reiki is not allied to any particular religion or belief system. It is open to all and will work whatever your beliefs. Many of my clients tell me they receive useful insights during healing sessions which raise their awareness of the current blessings and challenges in their life path. Some find it helps in releasing blocked emotions. Others may simply find it physically relaxing and a rare chance to unwind fully, away from everyday pressures. Reiki is now recognized in many hospitals as important part of a patients treatment plan.
Jeannette Duffau has been teaching Reiki for 19 years. She is a Reiki Master Teacher and a Board certified Holistic Nurse. She teaches and practices Reiki in hospitals, retreat centers and at her home.
Monday July 23: 8:30 – 5 pm Reiki 1
Tuesday July 24: 8:30 – 5 Reiki 2
Wednesday 8:30 – noon Practice/Healing Program
Minimum 6 people needed to run
Cost: $160 + $10 supplies = $170
- General Summer Conference Information
Summer Conferences & Camps
- JUN 15-24: Profound Treasury >
- JUN 24-30 or JUN 30 - JUL 7: Youth Camps >
- JUL 7-13: RE Week >
- JUL 14-20: ChoralFest >
- JUL 14-21: GAYLA >
- JUL 21-22: Communal Music Making - Lessons in Mindfulness
- Jul 21-28: Yoga Retreat
- JUL 21-28: Kayaking & Paddle Boarding >
- JUL 22-27: Slow Fashion
- JUL 23-25: Reiki 1 & 2 Workshop
- JUL 28 - AUG 4: Family & Friends >
- AUG 4-11: UUFAF >
- AUG 5-10: Motivational Interviewing
- Aug 10-11: Transitions Workshop
- Aug 10 - 12: Understanding White Privilege
- AUG 11: Concert
- AUG 11-17: Circle of Music >
- AUG 11-17: Company of Women
- AUG 12-16: Women's Healing Retreat
- AUG 16: Evolutionary Astrology
- AUG 20-24: Soul Path Renewal
- AUG 19 - 23: Sacred Circle Dance at Ferry Beach
- AUG 26-29: Only Love
- AUG 26-28: The Beach Getaway
- AUG 28-31: Our Whole Lives for Young Professionals
- AUG 26 - SEP 1: Quilting by the Bay >
- AUG 31 - SEP 3: Labor Day Weekend
- SEP 2: Labor Day Eve Singing Vigil
- Family Conferences
- Adult Conferences
- Ferry Beach Art
- Saving Our Shoreline
- Minister and Musician of the Week
- Our New Mission
- New Page