GAYLA: A Retreat for Men Who Love Men
is a fun-filled week of escape, discovery and community.
Sip coffee with new friends, dance in a sunrise circle, play volleyball, swim, sunbathe, pick from a smorgasbord of daily workshops, make art, harmonize with the choir, perform in the Talent/No Talent Show, enjoy nightly activities and movies, walk the beach, read or just hang out and relax. Come to GAYLA to be surprised. Come to be delighted. Come to discover what community is meant to be.
We are single and partnered, young and old, trans, gay, bisexual, curious and queer. We embrace all possibilities, all the joy, all the fun of being who we are without fear of condemnation or harassment. We celebrate our individuality, sexuality and place in this world.
GAYLA is part of Ferry Beach, a welcoming retreat and conference center that is home to GLBT people all year long. Thirty minutes from both Ogunquit and Portland, Ferry Beach sits at the edge of a sandy beach. It’s a great place to experience the coast of Maine.
GAYLA is the nation's longest-running retreat for men who love men. Join us and become part of this vibrant fellowship.
GAYLA steps into its 40th year with an exciting schedule of workshops, celebrations, rituals and surprises. Click here to read about daily activities.
What Men are saying about GAYLA
“Joy” – Julio Aponte, Retired Physician, Swimmer, Cleveland OH
“Loving, new brothers and awesome amount of fun. A week long family reunion, but with brothers who show love for one another.” – Thomas Muise, Saco ME
“Sublime. Loving.” – Bill Tregoning, Cleveland OH
“A week in joyous, gay Brigadoon.” – Joe E’Leeno, Manchester NJ
“It's where the forest hugs the shore, and men bathe in each other's kindness.” – Lawrence Ingalls, Los Angeles CA
“A special caring place on the ocean to go and learn about yourself without a lot of everyday distractions.” – Gary Michael Callahan, Shopkeeper, Willoughby OH
“What stunned me was joy. What a gift. And what an incredible resource Gayla is, giving us a place to grow and be and heal.” – Perry, Executive Coach/Spiritual Director, Boston MA
Cost of Workshop and Full Meal Package
BEST DEAL - Full Meal Plan (Ask about a-la-carte pricing)
Commuter Rates (Meals extra):
$50/ day per adult
Standard Dorm (3 or 4 beds): $770
Looking to share a room? Call for options (207) 282-4489 Ext. 1.
Tent site: $280, RV site: $336, Large RV site: $350
Helping Hands Scholarship Funds are available to any man in need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Curious about GAYLA? Join us for DAYLA!
Special Performance by
- General Summer Conference Information
Summer Conferences & Camps
- JUN 9-15: Work & Play
- JUN 9-12 or 12-15: Work, Play and Grow (Young Adult)
- JUN 10: Annual Meeting
- JUN 15-24: Profound Treasury >
- JUN 24-30 or JUN 30 - JUL 7: Youth Camps >
- JUL 7-13: RE Week >
- JUL 14-20: ChoralFest >
- JUL 14-21: GAYLA >
- JUL 21-22: Communal Music Making - Lessons in Mindfulness
- Jul 21-28: Yoga Retreat
- JUL 21-28: Kayaking & Paddle Boarding >
- JUL 22-27: Slow Fashion
- JUL 23-25: Reiki 1 & 2 Workshop
- JUL 28 - AUG 4: Family & Friends >
- AUG 4-11: UUFAF
- AUG 5-10: Motivational Interviewing
- Aug 10 - 12: Understanding White Privilege
- AUG 11: Concert
- AUG 11-17: Circle of Music >
- AUG 11-17: Company of Women
- AUG 12-16: Women's Healing Retreat
- AUG 16: Evolutionary Astrology
- AUG 20-24: Soul Path Renewal
- AUG 19 - 23: Sacred Circle Dance at Ferry Beach
- AUG 26-29: Only Love
- AUG 26-28: The Beach Getaway
- AUG 28-31: Our Whole Lives for Young Professionals
- AUG 26 - SEP 1: Quilting by the Bay >
- AUG 31 - SEP 3: Labor Day Weekend
- SEP 2: Labor Day Eve Singing Vigil
- Family Conferences
- Adult Conferences
- Ferry Beach Art
- Saving Our Shoreline
- Minister and Musician of the Week
- Our New Mission