Enjoy yourself by giving back to a place that gives so much to each of us,
Interested in becoming a Beach Keeper?
Sign up here!
Do you love Ferry Beach? Would you be willing to invest your time, talent and treasure to help sustain Ferry Beach?
Please consider becoming a Ferry Beach Keeper, we need you!
Ferry Beach Keepers:
- complete an application form and an assessment form (3 Forms are on the bottom of this page).
- take 2 hours of initial training about Ferry Beach (history, legacy, mission, who we are, where are we going). Monday, June 11, 2018 at 1:30pm will be our first summer training. This is during Work Week if you'd like to join us!
- choose a "specialty" and learn additional skills either on the job or in an additional workshop.
- give 12 hours of service annually either at the beach or remotely by doing Ferry Beach Keeper work. (No exchange of lodging, food, or conference fees.)
- are members of Ferry Beach and give $180 or more annually, either as sustaining donors at $15 per month, or as a one-time gift.
- aged 12-18 can be Ferry Beach Keepers without being a sustaining donor.
What are our needs?
- Transplanting dune grass to repair damage from intense winter storms and astronomical high tides.
- Painting, cleaning, repairing, gardening, etc.
- Working in the store in the summer or volunteering for housekeeping.
- Volunteering to help coordinate a conference, share a skill or talent, offer a workshop, etc.
Benefits of Being a Ferry Beach Keeper:
- Represent a caring community of people who love Ferry Beach so much that they are willing to invest their time, talent, and treasure.
- Learn new skills–in marketing, repair, public speaking, and more.
- Recognition at the Fall Harvest Event and the Annual Meeting as Ferry Beach Keepers.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you contributed to the sustainability of Ferry Beach. Thank you!
2018 Training Dates: Monday, June 12 , 3-5pm
Interested in becoming a Beach Keeper? Sign up here!